12 March 2009

Act 2 | Australia


I am strongly identifying with the journey that Abram made as is described in Genesis 12: ‘The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you … and you will be a blessing.’

I am confident that God has encouraged this trip because I have seen his hand at work in the preparations (many things have fallen into place very neatly, sometimes after my own good ideas had just fallen through). As with Abram's initial journey, I too have passed through the promised land (Australia) and am seeking God’s guidance in where I should pitch my tent and toil some ground (metaphorically) before eventually returning to Paradise.

By way of explaination & as mentioned in the preamble, I am scoping out Central America in the second half of this year in the hope that the part time volunteer work I do there might lead to a longer term as a development worker in one or more of the locations I visit. I hope to pour myself into the foreign development work for at least a year before resettling in Australia.


This be the little beauty I wrote of in the recent email that I sent out, her name is Sasha Abby Hodson, & we have an uncle/niece relationship going on.

We had some great cuddles while she was sleeping and an eye poking competition when she was awake (which she won with her little clenched fist).


Before we meet again I will have found my own way around the world and she will have found out how to crawl across the living room.



Last minute things can make you so nervy ...





I have said numerous goodbyes in the last month – none harder than to ’murf - who has been my faithful bedfellow for nigh 30 years.


6 comments:

  1. Murf is doing OK. He is with grandma and grandpa and resting comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiaora bro...
    Mans and I have just read and seen and experienced some of the goodness...of this blog.
    Sunday night in Melbourne, getting ready for bed.Can't wait to read somemore goodness!!
    Arohanui

    Mans and Tai xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my darling brother!

    I love the pictures on this blog...I'm all for fewer words and more images!

    Love you so much

    Mans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please put that poor smurf out of its misery! Its a carcass!

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey luke,
    According to your itinery you'll be getting close to Israel, well i hope ya have a special time there and a wonderful adventure elsewhere you're off to! Have loved seeing all your photos, you've always taken brilliant pix,. Look forward to seeing more!
    Love Manu x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still out there Luke

    ReplyDelete