17 December 2009

Act 29 | USA :: In Transit


Another early morning flight ended my Central American experience by transporting me back to Dallas Texas, where I had a day to debrief with Dr Nelson Rivera (and just bask in his fine company).



Nelson took me on a driving tour of Port Worth, as well as North & South Dallas, which allowed me a real life view of the Dallas Cowboy's new stadium.


Nelson continued the process of preparing me for life down under by opening one of his vintage reds - from an Australian vineyard.



It was -1 degree Celsius when I left Dallas, I had no idea that it could get that cold in Texas (it was beautiful).


Nelson has certainly been the most helpful, and probably the most important person in my life this year - the man is generous to a fault.



I had a 12 hour stopover in the Los Angeles airport on my way back to Auckland, which gave me time to tend to two of the year long projects I committed myself to this year.


I worked on my travel blog while drinking all manner of liquid from the best value refillable cup I have ever bought. (I was urinating hourly while strangers watched my belongings.)


And I finished reading the Bible by polishing off Song of Solomon (the metaphorically-explicit (non-illustrated) sex guide of the Bible), which i had intentionally left until last so as 'not to stir up or awaken love until it pleases' (as the song itself repeatedly suggests). (The ancient Jews didn't allow people to read this part of their sacred text until they were either married or thirty years of age.)

No comments:

Post a Comment