23 December 2009

Act 30 | New Zealand

Returning to New Zealand equalled a return to familiar soil and familiar faces.



In a bid to see what all my North Island dwelling friends had added to their lives in the year I was away, I set off on a week-long round trip that took me through Awkland, the ‘Tron, & KatiKati, and back to Awkland again.




Susan: A daughter – Holly - who is my God daughter.



Suse was good enough to fly up from the South Island with Holly so that I could meet her for the first time; She was born while I was in Turkey.

We had a few days to get the low down on each other - she is super cool - she couldn't say the same about me.




Ali: A fiancĂ©e – Carmen.




Rueben & Alicia: A son - Caleb.




Jake & T & Issac: A baby bump.




Nathan & Andrea: A new house.




Jim & Skye & Thom & Esther: A new baby brother/son - Fergus.


Smoking Cubans with my original smoking buddy - doing our best to look like communist heavy weights (and only missing by a big moustache or two).



Inge & Nick & Elijah: A baby bump.




Malcolm & Vanessa: A new house and a new church.




It was a bit strange seeing some of my old possessions that I had gifted to others in their new homes (like my old bed, which tiggered the well established reflex of looking for Smurf as I prepared myself for sleepy time).



Michelle: A fine husband – Saone.




Justy: A beautiful wife – Jo (and a tattoo)




Jolyon: Who much like myself - doesn’t believe in complicating his life with such grown up additions - although I can now reveal that he had a new job (and hair that was more conservative than my own for probably the first time in our friendship).




I missed seeing Rachel who was ill with her new baby bump and being looked after by her new husband.

I missed Caleb and his new girlfriend who were visiting his grandparents who run a medical mission in PapuaNew Guinea.

I missed seeing Dan and Nic and their third baby bump.

And I missed seeing my many friends who still reside on the South Island (who I plan to visit next Easter).

1 comment:

  1. Myk Habets22 March, 2010

    And you didn't pop in to see me at Carey?!! What the... :-) Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete